There are lots of ways you can raise awareness about child abuse in your local community or workplace.
- Spread the word about the #NotAnotherChild campaign and the issue of child abuse – talk to family, friends, neighbours and workmates about it and encourage them to find out more.
- Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our e-newsletter. Use email and social media to share the information we share with you.
- Organise a lunch to inform those you work with about child abuse and neglect issues and brainstorm ideas about how you might work together to help prevent child abuse.
- Fundraise to support the work being done to help traumatised children’s recovery and the prevention of abuse. For more information on how you can do this, click here.
- Support organisations or businesses that are committed to promoting the protection of children in your community. Ask local child-based organisations and businesses whether they have Safeguarding Children accreditation to ensure the children in their care are safe.
Become an advocate for children
All children in our community deserve to be happy, healthy and safe.
Children cannot represent themselves. They need adults to stand up for them.
Become an advocate for the children in your community. We need more adults to speak out about the need for laws, policies and programs that can help to prevent child abuse and protect children.
Help us change the way society values and supports the wellbeing of children and families.
Help us change society’s expectations regarding what are and are not acceptable attitudes and behaviours towards children.
Register your interest in supporting the efforts of the Australian Childhood Foundation in advocating for the needs, rights and interests of children.