Current Positions Available
- Make a difference in the lives of children
- Exciting and varied role
- Abbotsford location- full time (part time negotiable)
Australian Childhood Foundation was established originally in 1986 with its primary aim to advocate on behalf of children who have suffered abuse and neglect. It is a non-profit, non-government organisation that has made substantial achievements in the prevention of child abuse through education, advocacy, research and specialised therapeutic services to abused children and their family members.
ACF has an exciting opportunity for a new Corporate Accountant on a full time basis (part time by negotiation). The Corporate Accountant will implement and maintain the necessary day to day practices and routines to meet the financial and management reporting requirements of ACF. This includes ensuring the general ledger is accurate and the financial and management reporting of the organisation is developed, enhanced, accurate and timely.
About the role:
- Maintaining an accurate general ledger.
- Providing direct supervision of a small finance team.
- Completing of acquittals for projects and program areas.
- Developing of monthly financial and management reports.
- Producing financial reports to assist programs with funding submissions.
- Delivering financial information to meet the needs of all stakeholders including, analysis, planning, forecasting and reporting.
- Supporting the planning and delivery of annual budget and budget reviews.
- Supporting budget holders in identifying risk and opportunities of projects by way of regular reporting and discussion.
- Regularly reviewing procurement objectives, including compliance with contracts across all levels of the organisation.
- Complying with all statutory accounting and financial requirements.
As the new Corporate Accountant you will be responsible for:
- An appropriate qualification in accounting/finance, and CPA or CA registration.
- Demonstrated experience in financial and management reporting, including budgeting, analysis, forecasting and liaison with budget owners.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain effective relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Experience maintaining an accurate general ledger and performing reconciliations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and responsively in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- A collaborative and positive working style.
Remuneration & Benefits:
The salary for these roles consists of a competitive base salary + superannuation + salary packaging + Surface Pro + Mobile Phone. The salary is determined on the basis of the employee’s experience and qualifications.
In joining a strong, values based organisation, you will also have access to ongoing Professional Development and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in this new opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children?
Please email email@example.com to request a copy of the position description for this role or for more information on the role. Then to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your current resume along with a cover letter addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (located in the position description).
The Australian Childhood Foundation is committed to E.E.O principles and a smoke-free workplace. The Australian Childhood Foundation meets all of its obligations as a Safeguarding Children organisation. The successful applicant is required to comply with all of its policies, including its Code of Conduct and child protection policies.
Applications will be assessed and continued until the right candidates are sought, no close date will be issued; if you are interested please apply as soon as practicable.