RESEARCH TO EMPOWER
The Foundation conducts research aimed at changing the lives of vulnerable children.
The research we conduct informs how we:
- understand the causes and consequences of abuse on children, families and the community;
- better support parents and families to raise happy and confident children;
- develop new counselling programs and techniques that help children to recover from the trauma of abuse;
- better support our work to build the capacity of organisations to be child safe;
- advocate for reform of state and national government policies to enhance the safety and wellbeing of children in Australia; and
- create our community and professional education programs about child development, trauma, parenting support and child protection.
We have research partnerships with a range of institutions in Australia and around the world, including Queensland University of Technology, University of North Carolina (USA), University of Boston (USA).
All the research reports published by the Foundation are available for download free of charge from this website.